Nave Floor ProjectCost: free Time: a couple of late evenings and full weekends Who: my boyfriend, Tim, and myself. Objection: to uncover the beautiful original wood floor underneath the old carpet with little or no money.
First phase was to move all of my stuff from one side of the room to the other while ripping out the carpet. It felt really overwhelming at first, but that quickly changed as we began to uncover what was underneath (always the most exciting part).
But there was a lot of foam and glue underneath that carpet. I was barely able to see what the wood floor looked like.
So we tested an area by pouring some water onto the glue, which was impossible to scrape off. The water worked! And this is when the dirty work began.
Ah! The floor complete and revealed! So I was actually planning on refinishing the floor once I removed the carpet, but when I saw that it was already painted, I decided to save money and time by leaving the floor as is. I have done work on other floors in the church and will post about them soon!